Disinfection can be described as the process that eliminates pathogenic microorganisms on inanimate objects. Germicide being an agent that kills microorganisms especially pathogens includes both antiseptic and disinfectants. Disinfectants differ from antiseptics as they are antimicrobials applied only to inanimate objects whereas antiseptics are used only on the skin. Chemical sterilants in disinfectants kill spores with prolonged exposure.
Levels Of Pathogenic Disinfectants
- High-level disinfectants: They kill all microorganisms except large numbers of bacterial spores.
- Intermediate-level disinfectants: They are cidal for mycobacterium, vegetative bacteria, viruses, and fungi but do not kill bacterial spores.
- Low-level bacteria: They kill most vegetative bacteria, some viruses, and fungi in about 10 minutes.
Factors Affecting Effective Disinfection
- Type and level of microbial contamination
- Physical nature of the surface/object
- Presence of biofilms
- Prior cleaning of the object
- Organic and inorganic load present
- Concentration and exposure time to the germicide
- Temperature and pH of the disinfectant process
Commercial Disinfection Services
Protection from germs and bacteria is vital especially in a facility with day-to-day interactions. Germs, Viruses, pathogens, and bacteria thrive in dirty environments. Creating a clean, healthy, and safe environment prevents the easy spread of germs, bacteria, and the risk of illness in your facility. With various developments, you can learn more on how to use advanced green cleaning products, disinfection services, and disinfectants that are available in the market.
Routine disinfection prevents decontamination of a premise. The Best commercial cleaning services are customized to offer flexible assessment, accurate engagements, and long-term efficient disinfection services. Some innovative products used include;
- Sanitizers and dispensers
- Disinfectant wipes
- Temperature scanner
Comprehensive Office Disinfection Service Plan
- Apply approved disinfection methods
- Supply employees with appropriate personal protective equipment
- Remove biohazard contaminants from your facility and reduce the risk of infectious disease transmission
- Create and implement a full disinfection task list
- Assure appropriate disposal of cleaning materials
- Indemnify supplementary comprehensive cleaning of touchpoints and hotspots
- Customize disinfection plans to suit specific requirements of your facility
- Utilize superior cleaning solutions and compliant disinfection methods
In recent trends, the emergence of COVID-19 infections has proved the need for routine surface disinfection within high susceptible offices, facilities, and homesteads. Surfaces that are high touch points and need regular disinfection include:
- Light switches
- Kitchen and dining services
- Door handles
- Pieces of equipment
- Remote controls
Benefits Of Sourcing Disinfection Services From Reputable Companies
- They schedule a disinfection service plan at a time and frequency that works best for you and your facility.
- They help streamline your expenses and reduce cleaning time by about 25% while ensuring a spotless, disinfected environment.
- Promotes decreasing employee sick days and protects your customers from harmful pathogens.
- They use cleaning and disinfecting systems that dramatically decrease dust and bacteria.
- Covers hard-to-reach areas quickly and effectively with cleaning services
Disinfection services help protect your business against infectious diseases by targeting disinfection solutions like fogging and touchpoint cleaning. Disinfection methods and services should be carried out in line with Center for Disease Control (CDC) regulations. On a personal level, poor hand hygiene may be significant in posing the spread of pathogens. So keep it clean and safe, sterilize smart!